Our Featured Recipe
Cheddar Cheese Crackers
Cheddar Cheese Cracker Recipe, submitted by Julie Wray of Hillsboro, winner of the Multnomah County Fair Oregon Dairy Farmers’ Delicious and Nutritious Cheese Recipe Challenge
1 stick of butter—room temperature
2 cups Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well-mixed, about 10 times.
- Dump the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface, and use hands to bring it together, forming a ball of dough.
- If the consistency allows, roll the dough out into a very thin layer, about 1/8 of an inch. If the dough is too loose to roll, toss it into the fridge for 15 mins.
- Once rolled out, cut the crackers. You can use cookie cutters here if you would like fancy shapes, or a pizza cutter for basic crackers.
- Place the crackers onto a cookie sheet covered with foil or even better, a Silpat baking mat.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until the crackers start to get just golden on the edges.
- Place on a cooling rack until the crackers are no longer warm.
- Agree to never buy cheese crackers at the store again.
These crackers are so light and airy, you’ll wonder why you never made them before.